We were lucky, the largest tour in the world, 22 cities made a stop in Austin and had to add more dates due to massive interest. Some never seen before works from private collections and the mystique about the artist Banksy himself, made this one of the coolest things to do in Austin this year.
This Banksy unauthorized, uncensored, and unmasked tour included some of his most iconic artwork:
- Signed and authenticated editions from BANKSY’s studio including ‘Love is in the Air’, ‘Smiling Copper’, ‘Happy Chopper’ the iconic ’Girl with Balloon’, and others
- Original paintings and editions from BANKSY’s Dismaland, Gross Domestic Product and Walled Off Hotel exhibitions
- Salvaged street works on steel and concrete, including the iconic ‘Rat’ Graffitis
- Never before seen installations which document and examine the ephemeral nature of BANKSY’s lost and destroyed public works.
- The exhibit shows original studio works, salvaged street art pieces and never before seen installations.
Check out Banksy on Insta.
We were intrigued about the prevalence of monkeys, rats, kids, and police and learned a lot about these themes. The goal to ‘disturb those who are comfortable and comfort those that are disturbed’ says it all. He clearly wants to inspire us to look more, stand up, and get involved to help our world and the oppressed. The rat race, anti-war, and climate messages were strong. The video installation was especially interesting, as was the hanging bunch of bananas with a tether to monkey artwork at the other side of the venue.
Next stop is Houston. Check out all the info and tickets at https://banksyland.com/